EAIA

Chronicle

The Transformation of the Blacksmith: The Chesebro Blacksmith Shop, 1914-1920

Excerpted from The Chronicle, Volume 54, No. 1, March 2001 by Trevor Jones In July 1914, the Chesebro Brothers’ blacksmith shop in Saunemin, Illinois, burned down in a spectacular fire that consumed both the shop and two adjacent barns. Undaunted by the disaster, the shop’s owners, Ralph and Elmer Chesebro, soon traveled to Chicago to …

The Transformation of the Blacksmith: The Chesebro Blacksmith Shop, 1914-1920 Read More »

Paper Barrels

Excerpted from The Chronicle, Vol. X no. 1, March 1957 by Laurence A. Johnson The pictures used in this article are from Mr. W. H. Murphy’s catalogue, entitled “CATALOGUE con­taining cuts of the Special Barrel Machinery used in the Murphy Patent Paper Barrel, office: 65 South Salina Street, Syracuse, N. Y.” This interesting glimpse into …

Paper Barrels Read More »