Become a Member
Benefits of Membership
Since 1933, an EAIA membership has provided a sense of community for those of us interested in the tools and trades that built America. You know that feeling when you meet someone that shares your interests? How you perk up when they know exactly what a goosewing hewing axe is, or how the intricate parts of a loom work together to weave cloth? Or how about when you got that chance to work at a forge at a historic site enjoying the sense of accomplishment, the smell of the forge and the ring of the anvil?
Take advantage of these great membership perks!
- Shavings: Our four-color e-newsletter
- The Chronicle: Our 4-color quarterly journal
- Annual and Regional meetings at points of interest
- Discounts on EAIA publications
- Make lifelong friends
Membership also Brings you
- Shavings: Our four-color bi-monthly E-newsletter that lets you keep up with the organization’s events and progress, as well as member projects and acquisitions.
- The Chronicle: EAIA’s four-color quarterly journal brings you in-depth studies on tools and trades. From 18th-century baskets to Baltimore blacksmiths, from hand-planes to hand sewing, the articles in The Chronicle will impress you with their range.
- Annual Meetings: Each year, EAIA holds an annual meeting at a site of interest. Past locations have included Williamsburg, Va.; Old Sturbridge Village, Mass.; Shakertown, Ky.; and Pittsburgh, Pa. Attendees receive discounts on hotels and other perks, including tailgating, behind-the-scenes tours not offered to the general public, and hear talks and see demonstrations by the top craftspeople in their fields.
But as great as the above reasons are, the greatest benefit you will gain from joining EAIA is the lifelong friends you will make, friends who enthusiastically share your interests!
Contact Lara at email@example.com with any questions