EAIA Annual Meeting
May 28th-31st, 2014
Come join your fellow EAIA members at a great annual meeting in fabulous Pittsburgh! George Washington explored the point of land where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the might Ohio River in 1753 and wrote that it was “extremely well situated for a fort.” Now it is our turn to explore that point of land and industrial, military and social history of the city that served as the gateway to the American West!
Our meeting hotel is the newly remodeled Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. Great Planes Trading Company has organized a great tool auction at our hotel on Friday night. Pittsburgh offers lots of great sightseeing, excellent restaurants and lots to do in addition to our planned meeting events.
LEARN: If you’d like to learn more about this great meeting please explore our related links below:
- Read our welcome message from Dana Shoaf here.
- A detailed meeting schedule can be found here.
- A pre-meeting gallery slideshow can be seen here.
- You can register for this event by filling our and returning the registration form which can be found here: EAIA 2014 Annual Meeting Brochure
- NOTE: This meeting occurred int he past and paypal/registration has been removed from this page.
- DISPLAYS are vital for the meeting’s success. All members are encouraged to bring a display. It can be large or small. You may take a full table (6 feet) or a half table (3 feet). There is no charge for a display table.
- You can request a display table here:
- THEME this year’s theme is “Tools for America’s Western Frontier, 1790-1840” Prizes are awarded for the best 3 displays IN THEME and 3 best displays OUT OF THEME
- The TOOL EXCHANGE is central to our annual meeting.
- Antique tool sellers may participate in the TOOL EXCHANGE. The seller need NOT be registered for the meeting. All the seller needs to do is return the registration form with table payment. The seller and one helper may participate.
- If you are registered for the meeting, you get a reduced table rental fee.
- The SILENT AUCTION on Saturday evening consists of donated items for sale to benefit EAIA’s ongoing work. Your donation is tax deductible.
JUST FOR FUN:
- Practice your Pittsburgheese!
- Hey yinz guys, the Western Pennsylvania region is known for its unique dialect, often called “Pittsburgheese.” Below are some of the common phrases and pronunciations that will help you fit in like a native
- SOUNDS LIKE ==== IT MEANS
- Arn ==== Iron
- Ats ==== That’s
- Jynt Igl ==== Giant Eagle (grocery store chain)
- Crick ==== Creek
- Dahntahn ==== Downtown
- Gutchies ==== Underwear
- Hoagie ==== Submarine Sandwich
- Mon ==== Monongahela River
- N’at ==== And that
- Nebby ==== Nosey
- Pop ==== Soda
- Redd Up ==== Clean Up
- Stillers ==== Pittsburgh Steelers
- Worsh ==== Wash
- Yinz ==== All of you — the region’s version of Y’all